Ballyronan Boat Club Youth Sailing actively seeks to:
- Create a safe and welcoming environment, both on and off the water, where children can have fun and develop their skills and confidence.
- Recognise that safeguarding children is the responsibility of everyone, not just those who work with children.
- Ensure that organised training and events are run to the highest possible safety standards.
- Be prepared to review its ways of working to incorporate best practice.
- Treat all children with respect and celebrate their achievements.
- Carefully recruit and select all instructor and helpers.
- Respond swiftly and appropriately to all complaints and concerns about poor practice or suspected or actual child abuse.
Ballyronan Boat Club places safety at our foremost priority. We strive to create a safe environment where people can enjoy sailing. We offer well-maintained boats, and provide safety cover on the water with a dedicated safety boat with suitably qualified drivers. We have an ongoing training programme to ensure we have suitably qualified personnel.
Our designated Child Protection Officer is James Wilson. If you have any queries do not hesitate to contact James Wilson by email. Contact numbers are displayed on the Club notice board for your reference. Alternatively, if you have any concerns please contact a member of the BBC Committee.