1. Last Saturday turned out a great success. Between the Junior Regatta in the morning and the Senior event in the afternoon followed by the BBQ, all indicated that they enjoyed the day. Well done and thank you very much to all who participated and helped before, during, and after. I am not sure which was the better sight, the twelve out competing in the afternoon, or the eight in the morning, with the six toppers from LNSC on their first club outing with their new trailer; it was a lovely day and great to see.
2. Many thanks to James for his attention to our boats and placing extra lines where appropriate to withstand yesterday’s storm. As a result, no damage; thank you very much James.
3. Our evening sailing is over, but we have a couple more Saturday’s to the end of the month, so it would be great to see everybody out again this week, 2.00 p.m. on Saturday afternoon. We can also accommodate junior sailing in the morning; please let me know if this is wanted.
4. Strangford Lough Yacht Club has its Frostie Series starting this Saturday with two races each week through to the 20th October. I have entered Swallow, though I have assumed sailing at Ballyronan to the end of this month. It would be great if Skaddy could go as well; applications to the committee if anybody is interested. It’s a great series with a class for the 6 or 7 Elites, and maybe 40 boats overall.
4. Pat Kelly will provide his presentation on race tactics on Wednesday 3rd October in the room at Hawthornes, starting at 8.00. This is an interactive event, and promises to be very interesting and informative, so whether you are a front of the fleet person or just out to enjoy the sail, this can help the understanding and hence the pleasure of taking part.
5. End of season dinner; this has been booked at The Thatch on Friday 19th October. We will have a secluded part of the dining room for ourselves, background music and no band, and the Thatch has a great name for its food! We will need to firm up on numbers in advance, so It would be appreciated if people could give me an indication of likely attendance.
6. Pat is organising Day Skipper and Coastal Skipper course for the new year; also Power Boat 1&2 plus Safety Boat courses, so get your names down.
We may be nearing the end of a great season, but there is still lots on.
See you Saturday